Land Training 2019 > Home
The European Space Agency (ESA) is organising an Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing with the focus on Agriculture. This course is dedicated to training the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists and experts from agriculture and food security related agencies to exploit data from EO missions (e.g. the Copernicus Sentinels) for science and applications development in the domain of agriculture.
The course is part of ESA’s EO Science for Society – Scientific Exploitation element of EOEP-5 (the fifth cycle of ESA’s Earth Observation Envelope Programme).
The 5-day course Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing: Agriculture will be held at the Université catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve) in Belgium from 16 to 20 September 2019.
Post graduate, PhD students, post-doctoral research scientists and professionals from European countries and Canada or from Sen2-Agri user community interested in land remote sensing and its agricultural applications are welcome to apply to the course. Research scientists, students and EO proffessionals from all other countries are also welcome to apply, subject to availability of spaces.
The course is also opened for a limited number of experts from national and international agencies related to food security and agriculture.
The official language of the training course is English.
No participation fees will be charged for the training.
The Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing - Agriculture aims at:
- Training the next generation of scientists and professionals on remote sensing for land surfaces, with the focus on agriculture
- Explaining the theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in agriculture applications
- Introducing tool and methods for the exploitation of EO satellite data, in particular the Sentinels
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of EO data for agriculture remote sensing science and operational applications using the ESA Sen2-Agri system and Food Security Thematic Exploitation Platform.
- Application deadline extended to 07/07/2019